This is one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes! Made with only 10 simple ingredients, it can be ready in a little under 30 minutes! The best part? You can make this is in the 3 quart IP Mini!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I’ll make a commission. This costs you nothing extra. Thanks so much for supporting this site!
I have the three quart Instant Pot and I love it, it’s compact and stores easily in my pantry. I use it multiple times each week. I use it to make:
- Rice + quinoa
- Plant-based yogurt
- Soups (like this one)
- Dry beans
Plus, it’s great for keeping things warm, sautéing, slow-cooking, and truly, a TON of other things.
If you don’t have one, I highly recommend getting one! If for nothing else, you’ll love using it to quickly cook dry beans, but I can promise you’ll use it for so much more!
SPLIT PEA + LENTIL SOUP
Let’s talk about this soup – y’all this stuff is so good! It’s quick, healthy, and filling. If you’re the type that likes soup in a mug, or in a tumbler on the go, then this is for you!
MADE FOR TWO
The recipe below details how to make enough for about two people, I’ve been getting requests for recipes for the IP Mini, so I wanted to accommodate that.
Feel free to double it, or triple if you have an 8 quart IP – no need to add any extra cooking time.
TIPS + SUBSTITUTIONS
This recipe calls for liquid smoke, this ingredient is rather optional but if you do use it be sure to only use a drop or two. I’ve used too much in the past and it can ruin a perfectly good recipe. A little smoke flavor is good, too much is too much.
Use split red lentils (I like Trader Joe’s brand), if you use another type, the cooking time will vary.
OTHER COZY SOUPS
If you make this recipe, take a photo + please tag #plantsdish @plantsdish on IG!
Instant Pot Split Pea + Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot – This recipe is crafted specifically for the 3 quart mini
- 1 tbsp olive, avocado, or other neutral tasting oil for sautéing
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 medium red, russet, or yukon potato diced
- 1/2 cup split peas rinsed
- 1/2 cup split red lentils rinsed
- 4 cups broth vegetable
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 drops liquid smoke optional
- Dice the onion, carrot, + potato, then put all ingredients into the Instant Pot (IP) with oil and cumin on saute mode
- sauté for 8 minutes, then turn the IP off
- add the broth, split peas, split red lentils, liquid smoke, soy sauce, + bay leaf to the IP. manually set the pressure to high for 12 minutes. be sure that the lid is locked and sealed
- manually release pressure or allow it to release gradually. remove the bay leaf, salt + pepper to taste
- take a photo, tag #plantsdish @plantsdish on IG, + enjoy! 😉