Making a fresh watermelon margarita is an easy, festive, and delicious way to celebrate during the summer months!
***This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a commission. Thank you for supporting this site!
Margaritas! I love them, they’re the perfect way to celebrate Tequila Tuesday (that’s a thing, right?) or to compliment a Mexican-inspired dish.
This recipe takes the frozen approach to save time and avoid juicing a watermelon. If you’re having a watermelon margarita, I’m guessing it’s going to be in the summer months, so enjoy it frozen!
In order to make a watermelon margarita, you’ll need:
Frozen, seedless watermelon
Coarse salt (to coat the rim of the glass)
Fresh cilantro (optional), if you’re not a big fan of cilantro basil is also a great addition.
SALT THE RIM OF THE GLASS
Certainly you could pour your margarita right into a tumbler and it’ll taste just as good, but cocktails seem a little more magical when they’re served in a nice glass with a salted rim, pick and a garnish.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments and give this recipe a star rating and feedback. Also, please rate and follow me on Pinterest!
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- 1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon seedless
- 1 cup ice
- 3 limes juiced
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 tsp cilantro or basil finely chopped
- course salt for rimming glasses
- First, cut your watermelon into chuncks, place it on wax paper then place it in the freezer until frozen. If it's not frozen, your marganita will be a little gritty and you really don't want that.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of each serving glass and dip the glass into the course salt. Works best if you add the course salt to a shallow plate and dip the glass right in.
- In a blender, combine your frozen watermelon, ice, lime juice, agave nectar, tequila, and triple sec. Pulse until everything is combined and slushy.
- Add the chopped herbs (if desired) pulse a few more times and serve!